[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite SMART1500LCD repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Mon Dec 9 16:42:23 GMT 2019

On 12/8/2019 9:36 PM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2019, at 5:46 PM, Layne Fowler <layne.fowler at gmail.com
> <mailto:layne.fowler at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> My UPS is connected to a Raspberry Pi by USB. After a few hours of
>> working, the service fails. Looking at kernel messages I noticed that
>> the device is repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting.
>>
>> I have tried using a different USB port and using a brand new USB
>> cable. I have not had success by changing config parameters like
>> pollfreq/pollinterval/etc.
>>
>> What is causing the UPS to keep disconnecting?
>
> Not sure (it's a protocol issue lower than NUT), but does this post from
> Tripp Lite help the UPS automatically reconnect?
>
> https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2019-June/011451.html
>
> (you may need to do some RedHat-to-Debian translation for some of the
> pathnames.)

I have a TrippLite OMNI1500LCDT unit that I could not get to work
properly using NUT running on FreeBSD on a new SuperMicro motherboard.
I ran into similar USB issues.

I eventually just gave up trying and switched over to CyberPower, which
has been working fine for a couple of years.

The TrippLite unit is now doing low priority work (i.e., the
entertainment console in the living room).  It is the last TrippLite UPS
I'll buy.