[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown time configuration

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Dec 16 10:34:29 GMT 2019

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I switched a while back to a Cyberpower PR3000LCDRTXL2U UPS with an
> external battery chassis.  We've lost power twice since I installed it,
> and both times, the UPS has killed power to everything while still
> indicating 80% capacity before NUT has even initiated shutdown on anything.
>
> I don't think I ever got all the way through NUT configuration on it.
> What am I most likely doing wrong, or what might I have missed, or what
> setting am I misunderstanding, that the UPS itself is shutting off the
> power so absurdly early?

It would be interesting to see your NUT configuration.  If it would help you
there is a shell script at http://rogerprice.org/NUT/nut-report which will
prepare a configuration report.  (It removes passwords.)

Meanwhile, how old is your battery?  Very old batteries can produce exactly the
effect you describe: crashing rapidly while still indicating high charge.

Roger