[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown time configuration

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Mon Dec 16 19:14:01 GMT 2019

On 2019-12-16 05:34, Roger Price wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Dec 2019, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> I switched a while back to a Cyberpower PR3000LCDRTXL2U UPS with an
>> external battery chassis.  We've lost power twice since I installed it,
>> and both times, the UPS has killed power to everything while still
>> indicating 80% capacity before NUT has even initiated shutdown on anything.
>>
>> I don't think I ever got all the way through NUT configuration on it.
>> What am I most likely doing wrong, or what might I have missed, or what
>> setting am I misunderstanding, that the UPS itself is shutting off the
>> power so absurdly early?
>
> It would be interesting to see your NUT configuration.  If it would help you
> there is a shell script at http://rogerprice.org/NUT/nut-report which will
> prepare a configuration report.  (It removes passwords.)

Thanks!  Report attached.

One observation:

"WARNING: I am unable to call script nut-journal to
read the NUT activity records in the systemd journal.
Either the nut-journal script is not available
or you do not have access to the journal
for system commands such as those of NUT.
Ask your system administrator to add your
account to the systemd-journal group.
When this is done, log out and then log in
and try again."

.... OR, you're not running systemd.  (Out, out, vile daemon.  You shall
not pass.)

> Meanwhile, how old is your battery?  Very old batteries can produce exactly the
> effect you describe: crashing rapidly while still indicating high charge.

It's a brand new UPS installed earlier this year.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net