[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown time configuration

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Tue Dec 17 22:20:24 GMT 2019

On 2019-12-17 16:43, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2019, at 3:45 PM, Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net> wrote:
>>
>> Also, looking at my own monitoring graphs of what happened around the
>> outage, it looks as though runtime on my UPS is strangely non-linear
>> with respect to load — i.e, dropping to my critical-systems-only load
>> which is about 40% of my normal total load (which is to say, slightly
>> less than 20% of UPS capacity vs. about 45%) does not appear to have
>> extended runtime nearly as much as expected.  It more than doubled the
>> UPS's PROJECTED runtime according to the UPS, but not the *actual*
>> runtime.  Also, it looks from my graphs as though the UPS was claiming
>> 10% capacity when it shut off, but 80% when the power came back on.
>>
> Slightly tangential to your original issue, but do the values like load (as reported by NUT) generally track the front panel display? We have a number of CyberPower issues whose root cause is a disagreement as to how the HID descriptor (and therefore, the HID reports) should be parsed and interpreted.

That certainly sounds like something that could be contributing to the
problem here.

As of right now, my upswatch graph is showing 41%-42% load and 32-34
minutes estimated runtime.  The front panel agrees, stating 41% load and
33.2 minutes.  upsc is reporting ups.load: 41 and battery.runtime: 1920,
with battery.runtime.low: 592.  Battery charge is reported
battery.charge: 100 with battery.charge.low: 35.  All of these look
pretty much as expected.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications