[Nut-upsuser] CpberPower PR3000LCDRTXL2UN support

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Tue Jan 22 21:37:38 GMT 2019

I'm looking at switching from an APC UPS to a different brand after
having had my third SU3000RM in a row blow up power transistors.  I'm
looking at the Cyperpower PR3000LCDRTXL2U.  I see the PR3000E and the
PR6000LCDRTXL5U listed as supported, but not the PR3000LCDRTXL2U.
Howeverit seems likely that if the PR6000LCDRTXL5U is supported, the
PR3000LCDRTXL2U ought to work as well.  I've been running apcupsd, but
if I go with the CyberPower unit I'll be installing NUT 2.7.4.

Would anyone anticipate any possible issues here?

Is there any practical benefit to getting the SNMP network card for it
unless I plan to monitor it via SNMP, or can any monitoring and
management I need to do be done perfectly well via serial, as on my APCs?

Thanks.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications