[Nut-upsuser] New User Questions - With Belkin USB

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Jul 8 21:16:33 BST 2019

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019, David White wrote:

> However I am a bit stumped on monitoring. What I want is to execute a script
> when the UPS goes on battery. To do this, I think I have to have the
> nut-client running. Is this correct? If so I seem to have some troulbe.

You need to have nut-monitor.service running. The command

  systemctl list-unit-files | grep nut should report

  nut-driver.service                         static
  nut-monitor.service                        enabled
  nut-server.service                         enabled

plus any "delayed UPS shutdown" service you might use.  nut-driver is started
automatically by systemd whenever nut-server starts.

The command ps -elf | grep -E "nut|ups" should show

  1 S upsd      3096     1 ... /usr/lib/ups/driver/...
  1 S upsd      3100     1 ... /usr/sbin/upsd
  1 S root      3104     1 ... /usr/sbin/upsmon
  5 S upsd      3105  3104 ... /usr/sbin/upsmon

Roger