[Nut-upsuser] New User Questions - With Belkin USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 01:15:20 BST 2019

On Jul 8, 2019, at 6:35 PM, David White wrote:

> This makes me think something remains broken. But
>
>  upsc belkinusb
>
> right after this gets results.

Does "upsc belkinusb at localhost" also work? If not, check to make sure that localhost doesn't resolve to a slightly different address than what upsd is listening to. I don't remember how Ubuntu 14 deals with IPv6, but if I run "getent hosts localhost" on an Ubuntu 18.04 box, it only returns the IPv6 loopback address ("::1", not "127.0.0.1").

If you already have a firewall set up, the easiest answer might be to have upsd listen on 0.0.0.0, and then use firewall rules to restrict untrusted outside hosts.