[Nut-upsuser] New User Questions - With Belkin USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 00:41:35 BST 2019

On Jul 9, 2019, at 12:22 PM, David White wrote:

> So I guess I am wondering if this is related to my problem. I have no idea how the blazer_usb driver works.

For the most part, NUT drivers ending in “_usb” (including blazer_usb) do not need a serial device node in /dev. They use libusb to talk directly to the UPS. (If you can reliably read the UPS status with upsc, then the connectivity problem is not at the driver layer.)

Can you please run this script to get more information about your setup? I think just gzip'ing the report file should be sufficient to make it small enough to attach to an email reply. (Also, for Ubuntu, you will need to change D="/etc/ups" to D="/etc/nut")

http://rogerprice.org/NUT/#NUT_REPORT