[Nut-upsuser] New User Questions - With Belkin USB

David White whitedavidp at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 12 17:16:56 BST 2019

Hello, thanks, and sorry for the delay in getting back. I am running the
script and have move the comment from one D= line to the other. I am,
however, seeing some errors written to the console. They are from line
64-65 of the script.

Regarding line 64, I have no /usr/sbin/ups* and suspect the proper
location on my Ubuntu install is /sbin/ups*. Is this possible? Here I
have upsd and 9 other files.

Regarding line 65, I also have and no /etc/ups/*. I would have expected
that second location might have been driven by the D variable. Is that
what it should be instead of hard-coded to /etc/ups which, as you point
out, is the appropriate location for Ubuntu? this is where nut.conf and
5 other files are located.

Once I get this straight, I will re-run and post the results.

Cheers