[Nut-upsuser] New User Questions - With Belkin USB

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Fri Jul 12 18:12:09 BST 2019

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019, David White wrote:

> Hello, thanks, and sorry for the delay in getting back. I am running the
> script and have move the comment from one D= line to the other. I am,
> however, seeing some errors written to the console. They are from line
> 64-65 of the script.
>
> Regarding line 64, I have no /usr/sbin/ups* and suspect the proper
> location on my Ubuntu install is /sbin/ups*. Is this possible? Here I
> have upsd and 9 other files.
>
> Regarding line 65, I also have and no /etc/ups/*. I would have expected
> that second location might have been driven by the D variable. Is that
> what it should be instead of hard-coded to /etc/ups which, as you point
> out, is the appropriate location for Ubuntu? this is where nut.conf and
> 5 other files are located.

Thanks for the report.  I confess that the script has not been tested with
Ubuntu.  I wrongly assumed that it would follow Debian.

Could you make the changes to the script you describe, create the report, and
send me a list of the directories and files you used?  If it's simpler for you,
email me the modified script as you used it.  I will update the source script to
include a variable value suitable for Ubuntu.

Thanks again, Roger