[Nut-upsuser] How to shutdown macOS / mac OSX from Network UPS Tools client - NUT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 21:22:03 BST 2019

On Jun 8, 2019, at 4:16 PM, Roger Price wrote:

> Is your System Shutdown Plan to shut down using upsmon or using the script upsched-cmd?  In upssched.conf you do not have a line
>
> AT LOWBATT ups at ... EXECUTE lowbatt
>
> and in upssched-cmd there is nothing to shut down the system.

Joe,

Roger has a good point - the SHUTDOWNCMD should work as long as the master system waits for the "OB LB" state, and doesn't shut down early (say, at 30% battery remaining, but the UPS waits for 20% before declaring LB).

I have never used a Synology box, but I vaguely remember them not using the NUT LB state. (That might have been covered in one of your links, but I haven't had a chance to look through all of them.)

--
- Charles Lepple
https://ghz.cc/charles/