[Nut-upsuser] PowerShield Defender 1200VA

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue May 7 03:38:05 BST 2019

On May 2, 2019, at 3:56 AM, Walter HILL wrote:

> I have read suggestions about modifying UDEV rules and changing the USB
> cable. I've tried another cable. The UDEV rule file that ships with NUT
> appears to contain a record for this UPS

The "ret -110" below is a timeout, and usually the only way this can happen is with a bad USB connection. I realize this introduces another potential point of failure, but does a USB hub (externally powered) clean up the signal?

> May  2 15:49:43 raspberrypi kernel: [ 2850.472465] usb 1-1.1.3: usbfs:
> USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd blazer_usb rqt 33 rq 9 len 8 ret -110
> May  2 15:49:47 raspberrypi kernel: [ 2854.552768] usb 1-1.1.3: USB
> disconnect, device number 77

That said, the devices that speak the blazer* protocols are fairly inexpensive, and it is possible that there is an issue with the USB connections inside. It might also be worth checking the mailing list archives in case I am forgetting about another potential quick fix: https://networkupstools.org/support.html#_mailing_lists <https://networkupstools.org/support.html#_mailing_lists>