[Nut-upsuser] Symmetra LX 16000

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue May 7 13:47:13 BST 2019

On May 7, 2019, at 5:35 AM, Leslie Rhorer wrote:

> I have a Symmetra LX 16000 UPS with a Network Management Card (Schneider Electric, I think).?? Can NUT be configured to report from this unit and shutdown hosts based upon messages from this unit?

Should be possible, though we don't have an entry for a Symmetra UPS in the compatibility list. Most Network Management Cards have some overlap with the SNMP support in the NUT "snmp-ups" driver: https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/snmp-ups.html

As I understand it, Schneider Electric is the new brand for larger APC models. You can find compatibility info at the following URLs, but since the SNMP standard and the UPS MIBs have been around for a while, the absence of an entry doesn't mean that it *won't* work, just that it hasn't been reported to work.

https://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html?manufacturer=APC

https://networkupstools.org/ddl/APC/

--
- Charles Lepple