[Nut-upsuser] nut vs ups fail

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu May 9 01:19:40 BST 2019

On Wednesday 08 May 2019 05:39:22 pm Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> On Tue, 7 May 2019, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > May 07 10:40:21 coyote upsd[12110]: fopen /var/run/nut/upsd.pid: No
> > such file or directory
>
> Some time ago, Fedora made /var/run a symlink to /run which is a tmpfs
> filesystem.  Thus, any subdirectories must be created afresh each
> boot. The packager for nut may have neglected this.  Try creating the
> /var/run/nut directory, make it writable but nut.  If that lets you
> start nut-server properly, then it is made permanent by adding a file
> to /etc/tmpfiles.d
> Then create a bug report for the nut package.

This is debian stretch. The directory exists.

root at coyote:amanda-master$ ls -l /var/run/nut
total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 nut  nut  6 May  7 10:40 upsd.pid
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6 May  7 10:43 upsmon.pid

The real problem as I recall from a couple days back, is that the
usbhid-ups driver was left out of this kernel build. Since this is
pretty close to an rt kernel, I don't know if the LCNC folks will build
another kernel with it, and issue the update.

I have made them aware of it however.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)