[Nut-upsuser] "battery is low" logged

James bjlockie at lockie.ca
Sat Sep 7 22:59:38 BST 2019

On 2019-09-07 10:46 a.m., Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2019, at 6:28 PM, James  wrote:
>>

>> You can test the condition of the battery by periodically removing the power input and see how long
>> it actually runs down to, say, 20%.
After recharging it says "battery.runtime: 27000".

>> Vendor software usually has a "test" feature, don't know if nut has this.
>
> test.battery* instant commands: https://networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/apcs02.html
>
> (I don't know if test.panel.start is exactly the same.)
I don't have a test.battery.

$ upscmd -l desktop_ups
Instant commands supported on UPS [desktop_ups]:

beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
shutdown.reboot - Shut down the load briefly while rebooting the UPS
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
test.panel.start - Start testing the UPS panel
test.panel.stop - Stop a UPS panel test

> More detailed status is typically reported in the "ups.test.result" variable: https://networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/apcs01.html
I don't have that variable.