[Nut-upsuser] Changing UPS to a bigger APC 1500 1000WA, what driver?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Sep 16 01:05:45 BST 2019

On Sunday 15 September 2019 13:44:45 Charles Lepple wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2019, at 3:30 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I've drug it as far under the table as I can get it on a 30% heart.
> > Yeah, I'm getting on, I'll be 85 in about 2 weeks. Heart surgury
> > will be scheduled in the next few days to replace a worn out, leaky
> > aortic valve.  Piece if cake if my veins are big enough.
>
> Hope the procedure goes well!
>
> > gene at coyote:~$ upsc myups
> > Init SSL without certificate database <<- whats this mean?
>
> It's a nuisance message. While NUT can support SSL to protect the
> passwords that upsmon sends to upsd, it doesn't apply to upsc, which
> doesn't send passwords. Known issue for 2.7.4.
>
> > Which is a little less verbose than the smaller belkin I took out
> > because its 3rd battery set had failed, apparently at least 3
> > shorted cells.
>
> The full set of variables is hiding behind another APC-specific
> protocol. At least this time the protocol is documented. I have a
> Smart-UPS C1000 that does the same thing. I've been meaning to mess
> with it, but so many other projects...

I hear that, loud and clear.

> Also, hard to argue with "it
> works".

Yes, any attempt to argue with it makes one look like a fool.

> - Charles

Take care of yourself Charles, the years are sneaking up on us both I
suspect.  I'll be 85 in a couple weeks. But ATM, I'm trying to get ahead
of an rpi-4b that does not seem to want to make video, waiting on parts
from Hong Kong. When it does work, I'll be running an 11x54" Sheldon
lathe I cnc'd a couple years ago with it.  Stuff like this Keeps me out
of the bars don'cha know.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis