[Nut-upsuser] Changing UPS to a bigger APC 1500 1000WA, what driver?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 18:44:45 BST 2019

On Sep 14, 2019, at 3:30 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> I've drug it as far under the table as I can get it on a 30% heart.
> Yeah, I'm getting on, I'll be 85 in about 2 weeks. Heart surgury will be
> scheduled in the next few days to replace a worn out, leaky aortic
> valve.  Piece if cake if my veins are big enough.

Hope the procedure goes well!

> gene at coyote:~$ upsc myups
> Init SSL without certificate database <<- whats this mean?

It's a nuisance message. While NUT can support SSL to protect the passwords that upsmon sends to upsd, it doesn't apply to upsc, which doesn't send passwords. Known issue for 2.7.4.

> Which is a little less verbose than the smaller belkin I took out because
> its 3rd battery set had failed, apparently at least 3 shorted cells.

The full set of variables is hiding behind another APC-specific protocol. At least this time the protocol is documented. I have a Smart-UPS C1000 that does the same thing. I've been meaning to mess with it, but so many other projects... Also, hard to argue with "it works".

- Charles