[Nut-upsuser] Synology NAS is shutting down Ubuntu servers after very brief power outage (fwd)

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Tue Aug 4 08:13:12 BST 2020

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020, Todd Benivegna wrote:

> Thank you!  Sorry for another bonehead question…. Do I replace <myups> with
> the IP address of the NUT Server/Synology?  I’m assuming I would use this
> version for use in Dash with Ubuntu, correct?

Yes, you replace <myups> with the address of your UPS, for example
"ups at 192.168.x.y".  Are you using Dash or Bash?  If it's Dash, the function
getUPSstatus probably goes into .profile .

Test on the command line before modifying SHUTDOWNCMD by typing the commands

  getUPSstatus <myups>
  echo "UPS status is $UPSstatus"

You should see "UPS status is [OL]:100".

Roger