[Nut-upsuser] Synology NAS is shutting down Ubuntu servers after very brief power outage (fwd)

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sun Aug 9 08:31:59 BST 2020

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020, Todd Benivegna wrote:

> Updated upsmon.conf:  https://hastebin.com/jisinaquso.pl

You should remove line 1 : RUN_AS_USER nut

Lines 12-21: it would be possible to display more information, such as the UPS
status, but this requires pointing NOTIFYCMD to upssched and then using
a upssched-cmd script to display details of each event.

> No, the Synology and the three servers are all on the one UPS (also my switch
> and spare monitor). All these are super low power devices (two Intel NUCs and
> a Raspberry Pi) so at idle the draw like 50-75w and at max load it’s like
> 100-150w tops.  UPS is rated for 300w.

In that case, nothing stops you from using one of the "p" Ubuntu machines as the
master with the Synology NAS as a slave. See
https://community.synology.com/enu/forum/1/post/119995

Roger