[Nut-upsuser] UPS shuts down after restart

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Feb 17 20:56:58 GMT 2020

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020, Stefan Schulze wrote:

> So currently the sequence is:
> 1. Main power goes off
> 2. UPS and nut goes "OB DISCHRG"
> 3. I enter `upsmon -c fsd`

Does upsmon.conf specify a shutdown on LB?  What happens if you let the battery
power the system until LB is reached?  You could set LB to say 85% for more
rapid testing with

  upsrw -s battery.charge.low=85 -u <upsuser> -p <sekret> my-ups at localhost

> 4. System shuts down and sending `upsdrvctl shutdown`
> 5. System seems to halt and about one minute later the UPS shuts down
> 6. Main power comes back
> !!! 7. UPS comes up, display shows power comes from battery, RasPi comes up, nut showing "OL DISCHRG" !!!

How old is this battery?

> 8. Seconds later the UPS reboots, killing the RasPi
> 9. UPS and RasPi are up and running again - "OL CHRG"
>
> The UPS is set to "offdelay=5" and no ondelay

What happens if you use the default values of offdelay=20 and ondelay=30
seconds, or longer?

Roger