[Nut-upsuser] UPS shuts down after restart

Stefan Schulze algroth at gmx.de
Tue Feb 18 07:34:36 GMT 2020

Hi Roger, Hi all,

> Does upsmon.conf specify a shutdown on LB?
I think so. You mean SHUTDOWNCMD?
The relevant parts of my upsmon.conf (notifications removed):

MONITOR ups at localhost 1 upsmaster secret master
MINSUPPLIES 1
SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 2
HOSTSYNC 15
DEADTIME 40
POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
RBWARNTIME 43200
NOCOMMWARNTIME 1800
FINALDELAY 1

> What happens if you let the battery power the system until LB is reached?
It's the same :-(

> How old is this battery?
About half a year. But I already went into this issue some months before with the 2.7.4 Raspbian package but havn't found the time to fix it.

>> 8. Seconds later the UPS reboots, killing the RasPi
>> 9. UPS and RasPi are up and running again - "OL CHRG"
>>
>> The UPS is set to "offdelay=5" and no ondelay
> What happens if you use the default values of offdelay=20 and ondelay=30
> seconds, or longer?
With defaults its the same.

But I noticed two other details:
1. I was a bit wrong with step 7 and 8 - Looks like the UPS is "OL CHRG" (according to display) at first but goes to battery ("OL DISCHRG" according to nut) right when the RasPi (and nut) is booting.
2. When I pull the plug of the RasPi after UPS went down before main power comes back (so between step 5 and 6), the UPS comes up in state "OL CHRG" and is stable.

Maybe nut is sending `upsdrvctl shutdown` right after boot again but without shutting down the system or sending an notification? Is there a way to check this reliably?

  Stefan