[Nut-upsuser] UPS shuts down after restart

Stefan Schulze algroth at gmx.de
Tue Feb 18 20:12:22 GMT 2020

> I'll try to manually call `upsdrvctl shutdown` to check if the UPS then goes to 'OL DISCHRG'

I now tested the manuall `upsdrvctl shutdown` and the UPS goes to 'OL DISCHRG'. So I think nut is sending the shutdown command to the UPS during boot without setting FSD.

Just a wild guess: I recognized the system time in syslog during the bootsequence is suspicious. It looks like there is too less time between the shutdown logs and the boot logs. I think it's because the RasPi doesn't have an RTC battery. Maybe there is some code somewhere in the nut startup, which checks the timestamp of the POWERDOWNFLAG-file and the actual system time?

Stefan