[Nut-upsuser] UPS shuts down after restart

Stefan Schulze algroth at gmx.de
Fri Feb 21 08:30:30 GMT 2020

Hi all,

> I now tested the manuall `upsdrvctl shutdown` and the UPS goes to 'OL DISCHRG'.
> So I think nut is sending the shutdown command to the UPS during boot without setting FSD.

I already attached "-DD" to the systemd-unit for upsmon (startup log attached) to track this down. Sadly it looks ok - "OL DISCHRG" right from the beginning. No traces of sending an shutdown.
I assume, if somebody sending an shutdown there must be something in the driver debug output? I already tried to add "-DD" to the nut-driver systemd-unit but only got that messge "This is not the driver you're interested in" (btw: great message, thanks for this :-).

Can you give me some advice how to attach a "-DDD" to the usbhid-ups right at the system start?

  Stefan