[Nut-upsuser] nut on armhf, r-pi4b IOW

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Jan 7 17:05:00 GMT 2020

On Tuesday 07 January 2020 10:12:02 Larry Fahnoe wrote:

> On my raspbian buster RPi3's that run nut, no problems with the stock
> nut packages provided so I wouldn't expect problems with your RPi4
> once you get the cable and configs sorted out. I use the RPi3's as
> nut-servers to monitor and manage my Tripp-Lite UPS systems, the other
> local systems run nut-client and communicate with the RPi.
>
> --Larry

Good to know, thanks Larry. But since this ups isn't big enough to handle
the other 2 much hungrier wintel systems, I see no reason to have it
talk to the other 2 wintels who by the time the shutdown command has
arrived, which it probably won't anyway because the lights are off
including the 8 port switch that brings the shutdown cmnd and have been
for 2 secs then. So this will be only for the pi, to bridge the "fail"
time to to the generator is "live" time.  Maybe 4 secs?  Even a 10 yo
gel cell ought to be able to do that.