[Nut-upsuser] nut on armhf, r-pi4b IOW

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Jan 9 22:51:01 GMT 2020

On Thursday 09 January 2020 16:59:12 Charles Lepple wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2020, at 4:39 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
> > So for starters, what's the best ./configure command line?
>
> There’s this page for matching the layout of an existing Debian
> install:
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/wiki/Building-NUT-on-Debian,-Ra
>spbian-and-Ubuntu
>
> But remind me, what are you hoping to get from the later version of
> NUT? (We don’t have code for Modbus yet, per my other email about the
> two varieties of Smart-UPS 1500.)

Experience building it?  Since it won't actually be doing any shutdown
type control, I figure once built and installed, I can copy this
machines /etc/ups contents over what is going to be installed and be not
more than one edit away from running a "upsc myups" and getting a report
from it.  Or am I dreaming?

I do note that this ups has 3 rj45's on the end of it, but all my
ethernet in that box is committed. I'd assume 2 of them are for surge
absorption loop-thru's, but none of the 3 are actually labeled, so I've
no clue which is which w/o reading what little docs came with it.
Shrug. :)

Down to the mega-command, I left out the ssl and NSS, had to install
libusb-dev but I see its not going to make docs. That needs fixed as
most of that stuff is already installed. But adding --with-doc opens
another can of worms:

A "make" says it needs aclocal, which is part of automake, but its newer
than what it wants,  which is aclocal-1.14, but I have automake
1:1.16.1-4.

Suggested fix?

Thanks Roger & Charles.

Cheers, Gene Heskett