[Nut-upsuser] nut on armhf, r-pi4b IOW

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Jan 10 12:20:14 GMT 2020

On Thursday 09 January 2020 17:51:01 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 09 January 2020 16:59:12 Charles Lepple wrote:
> > On Jan 9, 2020, at 4:39 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>
wrote:
> > > So for starters, what's the best ./configure command line?
> >
> > There’s this page for matching the layout of an existing Debian
> > install:
> > https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/wiki/Building-NUT-on-Debian,-
> >Ra spbian-and-Ubuntu
> >
> > But remind me, what are you hoping to get from the later version of
> > NUT? (We don’t have code for Modbus yet, per my other email about
> > the two varieties of Smart-UPS 1500.)
>
> Experience building it?  Since it won't actually be doing any shutdown
> type control, I figure once built and installed, I can copy this
> machines /etc/ups contents over what is going to be installed and be
> not more than one edit away from running a "upsc myups" and getting a
> report from it.  Or am I dreaming?
>
> I do note that this ups has 3 rj45's on the end of it, but all my
> ethernet in that box is committed. I'd assume 2 of them are for surge
> absorption loop-thru's, but none of the 3 are actually labeled, so
> I've no clue which is which w/o reading what little docs came with it.
> Shrug. :)
>
> Down to the mega-command, I left out the ssl and NSS, had to install
> libusb-dev but I see its not going to make docs. That needs fixed as
> most of that stuff is already installed. But adding --with-doc opens
> another can of worms:
>
> A "make" says it needs aclocal, which is part of automake, but its
> newer than what it wants,  which is aclocal-1.14, but I have automake
> 1:1.16.1-4.
>
> Suggested fix?
>
> Thanks Roger & Charles.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

The "make" showstopper above is valid with or without --with-doc in
the ./configure line. Will it barf with the newer autoconf/automake?
reran autoconf and automake, no go, finally edited the Makefile to use
what I had, then it made and installed. Fiddled with chown and finally
got this configs /etc/nut stuff copied to the pi, and its running but
the cable is unplugged. I need to go check a drawer in the lathe for a
part another sheldon owner needs so I'll plug in the cable while out
there.  BRB. Works:

pi at rpi4:/media/pi/workspace/nut-2.7.4/etc-nut-from-coyote/nut $ upsc
myups
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 20
battery.mfr.date: CPS
battery.runtime: 7650
battery.runtime.low: 300
battery.type: PbAcid
battery.voltage: 14.5
battery.voltage.nominal: 12
device.mfr: CPS
device.model: CP625HGa
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.offdelay: 120
driver.parameter.ondelay: 0
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.version: 2.7.4
driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.4
driver.version.internal: 0.41
input.transfer.high: 0
input.transfer.low: 0
input.voltage: 120.0
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.voltage: 120.0
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 120
ups.delay.start: 0
ups.load: 0
ups.mfr: CPS
ups.model: CP625HGa
ups.productid: 0501
ups.realpower.nominal: 375
ups.status: OL
ups.test.result: No test initiated
ups.timer.shutdown: -60
ups.timer.start: 0
ups.vendorid: 0764

Now  all I have to do is feed it to the pi's psu.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis