[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite SMART1500LCD will not stay shut down when power is disconnected

Layne Fowler layne.fowler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 02:52:36 GMT 2020

Your suggestion of rebuilding the driver fixed the issue of the UPS turning
back during a power failure. Now the UPS shuts down the clients, then
powers off appropriately. If power returns it turns back on also.

The only bug is if power returns before the UPS has turned the load off. In
that case the UPS will remain off until it is manually turned on.

This might just be a limitation of this model, I don't know. But at least
this behavior is not catastrophic like before. I suppose I can live with
this edge case bug.

Thank you for your help again!

I don't know if my methods are perfect but just in case anyone has the same
issue, here is the change I made:

https://github.com/Laynezilla/nut/commit/ce3fcd0533e66b8be4adcf63ea0a63a7c45ba024

And here are the commands I used:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install devscripts git
mk-build-deps nut --install --root-cmd sudo --remove
sudo apt remove asciidoc
cd ~/
git clone https://github.com/Laynezilla/nut.git
cd ~/nut
./autogen.sh
./configure \
--build=`gcc -print-multiarch` \
--includedir=/usr/include \
--mandir=/usr/share/man \
--infodir=/usr/share/info \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--localstatedir=/var \
--disable-silent-rules \
--libdir=/usr/lib/`gcc -print-multiarch` \
--runstatedir=/run \
--enable-maintainer-mode \
--disable-dependency-tracking \
--sysconfdir=/etc/nut \
--includedir=/usr/include \
--mandir=/usr/share/man \
--libdir=/lib/`gcc -print-multiarch` \
--with-ssl \
--with-nss \
--with-cgi \
--with-dev \
--enable-static \
--with-statepath=/run/nut \
--with-altpidpath=/run/nut \
--with-drvpath=/lib/nut \
--with-cgipath=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/nut \
--with-htmlpath=/usr/share/nut/www \
--with-pidpath=/run/nut \
--datadir=/usr/share/nut \
--with-pkgconfig-dir=/usr/lib/`gcc -print-multiarch`/pkgconfig \
--with-user=nut \
--with-group=nut \
--with-udev-dir=/lib/udev \
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system \
--with-systemdshutdowndir=/lib/systemd/system-shutdown
make
make check VERBOSE=1
cd ~/nut/drivers
sudo upsdrvctl stop