[Nut-upsuser] nut on armhf, r-pi4b IOW

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Jan 14 22:56:40 GMT 2020

On Tuesday 14 January 2020 00:03:09 Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > Was that enough to get it all?
> >
> > I should probably just ask for 60 seconds in the future :-)
> >
> > There are nearly 30 seconds' worth of "Quick update..." lines, but
> > because the 30-second timer doesn't start until after everything is
> > initialized (takes a few seconds at USB 1.1 speeds...), the "Full
> > update..." line isn't there.
> >
> > But no matter, it is quite similar to the CPS SX650g dump - the HID
> > report is byte-for-byte the same. Notably, the "hidrd-convert" tool
> > fails part of the way through parsing it, which is why I suspect
> > that CPS is not following the HID spec. (That's more applicable for
> > the high/low transfer voltages.)
> >
> > It does seem to be reporting 0% load, though:
> >
> >    0.094786	Report[get]: (3 bytes) => 13 00 00
> >    0.094875	Path: UPS.Output.PercentLoad, Type: Feature, ReportID:
> > 0x13, Offset: 0, Size: 8, Value: 0 0.094908	Report[buf]: (3 bytes)
> > => 13 00 00
> >    0.095318	Path: UPS.Output.Overload, Type: Feature, ReportID:
> > 0x13, Offset: 8, Size: 1, Value: 0
>
> At this stage, its so much bigger than the load as its just the pi and
> interface logic on it, nothing else. Under 10 watts for sure.

Trying to build a better kernel, a "make -j4 zImage", which puts all 4
cores to work, actually shows an 8% load, and that, running on the
ondemand governor.  I'll be curious what it says if this kernel works,
because this one building is limited to performance only, which despite
the fans, is about 4 times the clock speed so it is going to warm itself
up.

> I should for safety's sake rig an advisory circuit from one of the
> motor supplies, to exert an e-stop signal on a power failure, else
> when power comes back it will start moving motors, without knowing
> where they are since theres no real hardware based position feedback
> in stepper driven machinery. Might see if the vfd has a power fail
> alarm, its pretty smart. Nothing is ever done until the paper is
> completed.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)