[Nut-upsuser] reboot of nut managment node resets Tripplite SMX1000LCD

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Jun 22 10:32:57 BST 2020

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020, Yogesh Bhanu wrote:

> I'm not sure if it is a bug or a feature.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 on my RPi4 which connects to the UPS over USB.
> I have noticed whenever  I reboot my RPi4. It resets the UPS ( I can
> hear the relay)  -- Powerloss.
> Any pointers to disable this annoying bug / feature.

It looks as if the shutdown part of the reboot is issuing a "delayed UPS
shutdown".   You should be able to see this in the log.   The UPS will then turn
off it's power outlets say 20 seconds later when the RPi4 has already restarted.

Ways to avoid this:

1. Remove wall power and wait to hear the "clunk" of the relay.  Then restore
wall power.

2. Stop nut.server before rebooting the RPi4.  This could happen in a script.

Roger