[Nut-upsuser] Low Battery Problems

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Jun 22 13:52:17 BST 2020

On Monday 22 June 2020 08:19:15 Charles Lepple wrote:

> > On Jun 18, 2020, at 12:39 PM, Mike Dillinger wrote:
> >
> > ups.test.result: No test initiated
>
> I’d recommend a battery test. Starting the test via the front panel
> should be sufficient, or you might be able to do it with upscmd.
from man pi at rpi4:~ $ upscmd -l myups
Instant commands supported on UPS [myups]:

beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
load.on - Turn on the load immediately
load.on.delay - Turn on the load with a delay (seconds)
shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
shutdown.stayoff - Turn off the load and remain off
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test

pi at rpi4:~ $ upscmd myups test.battery.start.quick
Username (pi):
Password:
Unexpected response from upsd: ERR ACCESS-DENIED

Looking at /etc/nut/uspd.users, I (me, pi) should be able to do that. ???

Some help plz.

> This should let the UPS firmware discharge the battery a bit, and see
> how long it should last.
>
> Conceptually, “OL LB” is not inconsistent- it means the UPS has AC
> power, but the battery state of charge is reading low (as might happen
> after the UPS restarts after an extended power failure) . You might
> have a CPS unit where the battery voltage returned to NUT is
> hard-coded to 24.0 V, which is annoying, but should not affect
> internal decisions about shutdown. Example:
> https://networkupstools.org/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/CP1500PFCLCD.html
> and
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/459#issuecomment-3251636
>88