[Nut-upsuser] Low Battery Problems

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:18:29 BST 2020

On Jun 22, 2020, at 8:52 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> pi at rpi4:~ $ upscmd myups test.battery.start.quick
> Username (pi):
> Password:
> Unexpected response from upsd: ERR ACCESS-DENIED
>
> Looking at /etc/nut/uspd.users, I (me, pi) should be able to do that. ???

Hi Gene,

You have a [pi] section in upsd.users, then? If it's one of the example users from the man page or comments, you'll need to use that name with upscmd, or change upsd.users.

Plus, you'll need "instcmds = all" (or the specific test command) in the section for that NUT user.

Ref: https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsd.users.html <https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsd.users.html>