[Nut-upsuser] USB drivers not found when compiling

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 01:25:48 GMT 2020

On Mar 22, 2020, at 8:50 PM, Tyler Montney <montneytyler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Came across this in the process of troubleshooting: https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2011-November/007249.html <https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2011-November/007249.html>
Take everything that guy says with a grain of salt ;-)

> My whole reason for compiling from source is to add SSL support (as it doesn't seem available through the package manager).

The mainline Debian buster compiles nut against the Mozilla NSS library. Since the network code is in a library, you will only see the dependencies on libnss3 and libnspr4 from libupsclient4, not from nut-client and nut-server. I assume this holds true for Raspbian as well.

It's been hard to keep the NUT manual in sync with the various distributions, so the latest information for building is here: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/wiki/Building-NUT-on-Debian,-Raspbian-and-Ubuntu <https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/wiki/Building-NUT-on-Debian,-Raspbian-and-Ubuntu>