[Nut-upsuser] nut and notebook

Stuart D Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Tue Nov 24 14:15:33 GMT 2020

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020, Frédéric Leroy wrote:

> It seems so obvious to do this :) Is there a technical reason why it doesn't
> exists yet ?

No technical reason, you can write one.  However, a notebook battery
only supports that notebook, so there is no real reason for another
device to need to shutdown when the notebook battery goes low.

If your purpose is simply to monitor the status of the notebook-server,
then you want a zabbix driver.  There is no point in converting to NUT
just to use an existing zabbix driver for NUT.  I have never used
zabbix, but I assume that drivers are as easy to write as with nagios.

I'll email you my CLI notebook battery monitor, which you can
use to create a nagios/zabbix/NUT driver.