[Nut-upsuser] Can't get CyberPower UPS to work with Raspberry Pi 4

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 01:40:00 GMT 2020

On Oct 27, 2020, at 2:45 PM, Robert Stocker <kneadtoknow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks so much for all the help! It looks like at present I've at least got a working configuration that I need to test and fine-tune, am I interpreting this correctly?

Yes. If you're good with the default NUT behavior of shutting down when the UPS signals LB (low battery; per upsc, seems to be at 10% charge or 300 seconds left, whichever comes first), it's just a matter of testing the shutdown command, and any power sequencing (including any auto power-on settings on the motherboard) issues on the way back up.

If not, there are ways to either adjust the UPS low power thresholds, or ignore them completely. Roger Price has a good enumeration of alternate shutdown strategies in his Configuration Examples document linked here: http://rogerprice.org/NUT/

As I just mentioned in my reply to Gene, it would be handy to have the output of "upsrw" and "upscmd -l" for your UPS. Those commands show the read/write variables and instant commands that the NUT driver detects, respectively.