[Nut-upsuser] ups not being started sat reboot

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sat Sep 5 10:23:04 BST 2020

On Sat, 5 Sep 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:

> But runs normally if started.  On a rpi4 running an uptodate raspbian
> buster, how do I set it to auto start at boot time?

Hello Gene, By "auto start" I assume you mean the automatic power on of a box
when wall power returns after a power failure. For this to work, two things are
needed:

  1. The UPS power outlets have been turned off.

  2. The box's BIOS has been set to "power up on AC return".  (The words may
change, it depends on the BIOS.)

The problem may be that the box is turned off without a command to the UPS to
later turn off the power outlets.  When the power outlets are turned off, you
should hear the "clunk" of the relays.

Roger