[Nut-upsuser] ups not being started sat reboot

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:55:08 BST 2020

On Sep 5, 2020, at 5:23 AM, Roger Price wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Sep 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>> But runs normally if started.  On a rpi4 running an uptodate raspbian buster, how do I set it to auto start at boot time?
>
> Hello Gene, By "auto start" I assume you mean the automatic power on of a box when wall power returns after a power failure. For this to work, two things are needed:

Roger, I don't have any experience with the Raspberry Pi 4, but previous RPi models would just boot as soon as power is applied, so I'm guessing this is more of a problem starting NUT at boot.

Gene, assuming this is a "standalone" setup (upsd, driver, and upsmon on the same system). If so, I'd recommend using "LISTEN 127.0.0.1" if you don't need network access (e.g. upsc or other monitoring software on another box), or "LISTEN 0.0.0.0" to listen on all local network interfaces.

If the LISTEN line is't the culprit, I'd recommend posting the output of "systemctl status nut-server.service" after boot to see why it didn't start (or more likely, stay running after starting).

- Charles