[Nut-upsuser] RFC - new proposed variables and clarifications for the battery collection in NUT namespace

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 08:49:04 BST 2021

Le lun. 2 août 2021 à 15:16, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Hi there,
>
> as discussed on the below Github PRs, I've recently proposed some
> additional variables to deal with battery information in general, and some
> Li-Ion specifics:
>
> * PR https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1060/files
> ** Add "battery.packs.external": Number of external battery packs
>
> * PR https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1062/files
> ** Add "battery.voltage.cell.max": Maximum battery voltage seen of the
> Li-ion cell (V)
> ** Add "battery.voltage.cell.min": Minimum battery voltage seen of the
> Li-ion cell (V)
> ** Add "battery.capacity.nominal": Nominal battery capacity (Ah)
> ** Add "battery.status": Health status of the battery (opaque string)
> ** Add "battery.temperature.cell.max": Maximum battery temperature seen of
> the Li-ion cell (degrees C)
> ** Add "battery.temperature.cell.min": Minimum battery temperature seen of
> the Li-ion cell (degrees C)
>
> * PR https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1063/files
> ** Clarify "battery.date": Battery installation or last change date
> (opaque string)
> ** Add "battery.date.maintenance": Battery next change or maintenance date
> (opaque string)
>
> As usual with RFC for new variables, feedback and comments are warmly
> welcome.
>
> Thanks and cheers
> Arno

Hi NUT users,

following a 10 days period after my above announcement, I've considered the
absence of feedback and comments as an implicit approval.
I've hence merged the above PRs, which results in the update of the NUT
variables names and instant commands update:
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/6d30b8cd190b25cafdbc46f8dc4602fb68692270/docs/nut-names.txt

A special thanks to Roger Price for his support in this updated process!

Thanks and cheers,
Arno