[Nut-upsuser] Proxy upsmon

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Feb 22 15:12:48 GMT 2021

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021, marco.hald at crailsheim.de wrote:

> I have the following Scenario:
> The Devices are connected as shown here
> USV <-> nut-server <-> Firewall_1 <-> Firewall_2
> I have no Problem to get it working till Firewall_1.
> The Problem is that Firewall_2 is not able to connect directly to nut-server.
> I would like to setup upsd on the Firewall_1 to monitor the USV via the  nut-server and then set the Firewall_2 to monitor the Firewall_1
> Is this possible ?

First, it would be good to get a clear understanding of your setup.  Is this
correct?

              ,--------------,               ,--------------,
    ,-----,   | upsd listens | <-Commands    |   upsmon     |
    | UPS |---| on port 3493 |---------------|              |
    | USV |===|              |   Responses-> |              |
                 Firewall_1                     Firewall_2

>From machine Firewall_2 can you contact Firewall_1 on port 3493, for example

    netcat Firewall_1 3493
    HELP
    Commands: HELP VER GET LIST SET INSTCMD LOGIN LOGOUT USERNAME PASSWORD STARTTLS
    ^C

Roger