[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite SMX1000LCD input Voltage reporting

Yogesh Bhanu yogesh.bhanu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 03:50:05 GMT 2021

Hello all,

I have a Grid Overvoltage issue in my Area 'cause of solar inverter.
Unfortunately the Tripplite ups underreports the input voltage -- It
happens with the Display Panel and with SNMP. I 'm aware that with SNMP I'm
polling the system. So I can never  measure instant input Voltage. I'm
polling at 3s interval without an issue.

I have tested this with a Wattmeter and a Fluke Digital meter.  The input
voltage is off by alteast 3 - 5 V.  So when the UPS reports 250.5 V or 251
V the input voltage usually is between 253.5 and 255V and this is the case
when the grid input Voltage is high for 10s at which point Solar inverter
resets.

My question is,
Is it possible the UPS Display is not reporting Instant input Voltage  ?

Kind Regards,

Yogesh