[Nut-upsuser] [EXTERNAL] Proposed RFC - independent reviewers wanted

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Tue Jul 27 09:23:57 BST 2021

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021, David Zomaya wrote:

>> Is anyone on this list interested in volunteering?
>
> Generally interested. Can I get the elevator pitch on what being an
> "Independent Reviewer" entails? Would like to understand if I'm qualified and
> available enough to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

The reviewer is someone with a general understanding of computer systems and
maybe of power supplies as well, who asks:

  1) Does this text introduce and explain the subject in a way which is
understandable to someone who is not a NUT expert?

  2) Is the technical writing of an acceptable standard?  For example, are
technical terms and acronyms explained?

  3) For someone who already knows NUT, is the description of the NUT
command/response protocol correct?

Roger

Current draft:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-04.html