[Nut-upsuser] NUT command LOGIN is not a login

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Tue Jun 29 10:00:22 BST 2021

On Sat, 26 Jun 2021, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 6/26/21 10:26 AM, Roger Price wrote:

>>> What about:
>>>     Current    Proposed
>>>     LOGIN      ATTACH
>>>     LOGOUT     DETACH
>>>     NUMLOGINS  NUMATTACHED
>>>     ST_LOGIN   ST_ATTACHED
>>
>> Better.  ATTACH is simpler and clearer than SETACTIVE.  Roger
>
> +1 !

Jim, I would like to suggest this as a change to NUT - not something to be done
for the next release, but, like some other things in the draft RFC (I-D), as a
statement of direction for the project.

If the project as a whole can agree on this, I will make the change LOGIN ->
ATTACH in the I-D with a note saying that current practice is to use LOGIN.  Do
we need to vote?

Roger