[Nut-upsuser] NUT command LOGIN is not a login

Jim Klimov jimklimov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 13:06:51 BST 2021

Sounds reasonable to me, and hopefully might be aliased in a
legacy-compatible manner (client asks with new command, if rejected try
old; accept both words on server side) so it could happen in current master.

Note that similar protocol changes e.g. for master vs primary were just
planned as a theoretical construct, but I did not code any PoC (beside
commenting the idea) nor saw any PRs to such effect.

Bite-size contribution that would be a little coding and a lot of testing
(combining new and old binaries as servers and clients) is welcome :)

Jim