[Nut-upsuser] UPS hotplug

Jim Klimov jimklimov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 07:44:19 GMT 2021

Great to see you have solved this!

 Just for posterity: normally NUT server (upsd) won't start without any
devices configured. In master branch, an ALLOW_NO_DEVICE patch was added
some time ago to let upsd run always. So that should be in 2.7.5 eventually.

As part of that context, a service reload operation should tell the running
upsd to slurp new configuration and see newly added devices (without an
outage for ones it already serves). I wonder if it would also help with
such USB reconnections.

I think upsd ability to reconfigure could be in 2.7.4 already, not at a
computer now to check. Probably the systemd unit would need an ExecReload
line like one in master branch on github.

Jim Klimov