[Nut-upsuser] Where is nut-scanner on raspberry pi?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 03:13:30 BST 2022

On Aug 10, 2022, at 9:05 PM, z.kevino--- via Nut-upsuser <nut-upsuser at alioth-lists.debian.net> wrote:

> VERSION="9 (stretch)"
> VERSION_CODENAME=stretch

stretch is getting pretty old now - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=921379 appears to have been fixed in 2019. The output of nut-scanner should mostly be portable (besides any bus-specific numbering), so if you really need nut-scanner, it should be possible to find another distro (e.g. Linux live CD/USB; probably most recent version of Ubuntu would suffice) and run it on a PC.

On the other hand, while I guess nut-scanner is useful for some, I have seen nothing but headaches from the developer perspective (it is very sensitive to the exact library paths, which vary based on distro and architecture). Unless you are dealing with more than one or two UPS units, it will probably be quicker to describe the UPS and its connection method (USB/serial/network) to this list, and have someone generate a configuration file by hand.

For the common USB case, the ups.conf syntax is straightforward and well-documented: https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/usbhid-ups.html#_implementation