[Nut-upsuser] Where is nut-scanner on raspberry pi?

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 01:06:07 BST 2022

Haven't poked INSTALL.nut for a while, PRs welcome. And there were many
bite-size PR ideas in this thread ;)

There was quite a bit of details poured into docs/config-prereqs.txt that
grew along with CI farm over the past year or two, so covers many OSes
(even Windows, it its branch).

>From my stunt at packaging NUT for some in-house stuff and researching
others' work, the approach I saw often was to `configure --with-all` and
add `--without-something` for components utterly missing on a particular
OS. Then the resulting binaries are assigned to this or that package to
group drivers by dependencies, clients, tools, etc.

The help text posted above seems to be from a system that lacks shared
net-snmp, libusb, etc. which nut-scanner loads dynamically by design of its
era, so it could be bundled freely and without impacting the binary file by
strict links to shared objects. Worked for you in fact - libraries missing
but tool does run for other protocols. A downside is dependency on lib file
naming and location (master may be more flexible in that since last week's
PRs).