[Nut-upsuser] nut 2.8.0 ./configure on Debian 11 cannot see OpenSSL

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Tue Aug 16 20:38:16 BST 2022

I would like to test the new TLS support in nut 2.8.0, but Debian 11 only
provides nut 2.7.4.  So I downloaded nut-2.8.0.tar.gz , unpacked and read the
instructions:  "Briefly, the shell command './configure && make && make install'
should configure, build, and install this package."

I tried ./configure and it doesn't detect openssl even though OpenSSL 1.1.1n is
installed.

I cannot find any -dev files for OpenSSL that often have to be installed to
build software.

Has anyone succeeded in compiling 2.8.0 on Debian 11 with OpenSSL?

Roger