[Nut-upsuser] This one's a head-scratcher.

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Dec 2 12:58:58 GMT 2022

Roger Price writes:

> On Thu, 1 Dec 2022, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
>> And even now, weeks after a Fedora release, that bug is not blowing up with
>> everyone, and their uncle, complaining that nut is completely non-
>> functional? So, what, there are less than a dozen people out there who are
>> using Fedora and a non-APC UPS, for which nut is, pretty much, the only
>> option?
>>
>> This one's a head-scratcher.
>
> I wonder what percentage of Linux users have a UPS?  I suspect the figure is
> real low.  Most people trust their public power supply, and live in an area
> with little lightning.  Why spend the money?

I think it's because most people are using laptops rather than desktops.
Laptops have their built-in UPS. A spike will probably just fry the wall
wart and not damage the laptop, and they'll just replace the wall wart.

Still, you'd think there'll be more than a dozen people noticing that nut in
Fedora hasn't worked for over two months.