[Nut-upsuser] Compiling on Solaris 8 sparc - configure errors

vom513 vom513 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 20:00:56 GMT 2022

So with a bit of hacking and tweaking, I think I’m really close to having the build finish successfully.  I make it to a part with nut-scanner and I get this:

Regenerating the USB helper files in SRC dir.
Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at ../tools/nut-usbinfo.pl line 237.
*** Error code 29
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `nut-scanner/nutscan-usb.h'
Current working directory /export/home/vom/Downloads/nut-2.8.0/tools
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `nutscan-usb.h'
Current working directory /export/home/vom/Downloads/nut-2.8.0/tools/nut-scanner
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /export/home/vom/Downloads/nut-2.8.0/tools
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive’

I added ‘-—without-usb’ to configure, but it’s still hitting this part.

Anyone know what this is ?  Or - is there something I can further disable using ./configure that will skip this ?

Thanks.