[Nut-upsuser] Compiling on Solaris 8 sparc - configure errors

vom513 vom513 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 21:21:31 GMT 2022

> On Dec 18, 2022, at 3:00 PM, vom513 <vom513 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So with a bit of hacking and tweaking, I think I’m really close to having the build finish successfully.  I make it to a part with nut-scanner and I get this:
>
> Regenerating the USB helper files in SRC dir.
> Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at ../tools/nut-usbinfo.pl line 237.

So I got past this - threw a hail mary and put an exit 0 at the top of this perl script.  Seemed to work fine, it kept going and finished the build.

So now I have it installed (again - only using upsmon) and it won’t connect to my remote NUT instance.  It doesn’t even seem to try to connect (ran tcpdump on the remote box).

It seems like it doesn’t know how to open a socket on Solaris ?  Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks.