[Nut-upsuser] Compiling on Solaris 8 sparc - configure errors

vom513 vom513 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 21:56:40 GMT 2022

> On Dec 18, 2022, at 4:34 PM, Jim Klimov <jimklimov+nut at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Don't have a SPARC machine anymore, but it is regularly tested on illumos (which is ages newer than Sol8)... wondering if I can get an x86 vm running with it...
>
> In the meanwhile, add some `-D` options to the launched program so it is more verbose. Is that other NUT (upsd) listening not on localhost?

Thanks for the reply and info.

I will do this and see if there’s any clues in the debug output.

Yes the other upsd is listening on the lan as well.  I have an ESXi server talking to it just fine.

> Are firewall permissions allowing the connection?

Yes.

> Does the built `upsc` client connect?

No - same error “Unknown error”.  This is what makes me think there is some common code that’s unable to open sockets on Solaris.

> Certainly older NUT did work for me on the platform (both ARCHes).
>
> For the nut-scanner there's a configure option (to disable). Wondering what's with perl script - probably wants dependencies not present/functional in that distro.

Do you know what option this is ?  I probably scrolled past it, but I did look for something to disable it.